PMC NLE Registration 2024 . If you’re an MBBS or BDS degree holder aspiring to practice medicine in Pakistan, you need to pass the National Licensing Examination (NLE). This article serves as your one-stop guide to PMC NLE Registration 2024, covering key information on eligibility, registration process, schedule, and passing criteria. In light of recent developments, it’s essential to stay informed about the changes affecting the NLE.
PMC NLE Registration 2024
1. Eligibility for NLE Registration:
To be eligible for the NLE, candidates must meet specific criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree.
- Possess a valid primary source verification of their final medical degree from the World Directory of Medical Schools.
2. Recent Cancellation of NLE 2023:
The Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMC) has canceled the National Licensing Examination (NLE) for the year 2023 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This decision was made considering the challenges posed by the pandemic and after consulting with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders.
3. NLE Exam Structure:
The NLE is a two-step exam that evaluates candidates in two distinct areas:
3.1 Step 1 – Testing Basic Medical Sciences:
- Step 1 assesses a candidate’s knowledge of fundamental medical sciences, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
3.2 Step 2 – Evaluating Clinical Skills:
- Step 2 examines a candidate’s clinical skills, encompassing physical examination, history taking, and diagnostic reasoning.
4. PMC NLE Registration Schedule 2024:
The PMC will announce a new schedule for the NLE 2024 once the situation with COVID-19 improves. It’s crucial to stay updated with PMC announcements. In the meantime, the council advises medical graduates to continue their studies and prepare for the upcoming exam.
5. Additional Information about the NLE Exam:
Here are some important details regarding the NLE exam:
- The exam is divided into two steps: Step 1 and Step 2.
- Step 1 tests the candidate’s knowledge of basic medical sciences, such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
- Step 2 tests the candidate’s clinical skills, including physical examination, history taking, and diagnostic reasoning.
- The exam is conducted in multiple cities across Pakistan.
- The registration fee for the NLE exam is 5,000 Pakistani rupees.
- To pass the NLE exam, candidates must achieve a minimum score of 60%.
PMC NLE Registration 2024 is your pathway to a fulfilling medical career in Pakistan. As the PMC adjusts the exam schedule in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, stay informed and continue your preparation diligently. Remember that a pass mark of 60% is the key to success in the NLE. Keep an eye on PMC announcements for the latest updates on the NLE 2024 schedule.