UNESCO Youth Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) Internship Opportunity. The Youth UNESCO Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) is an esteemed flagship initiative by UNESCO that aims to connect various youth climate networks globally. The primary objective of YoU-CAN is to strengthen cooperation, foster multidisciplinary youth-led climate action, and encourage research in the field. By leveraging the power of youth-led climate action, YoU-CAN intends to share and upscale ideas, collaborate with networks and organizations and implement successful grassroots projects. Additionally, it aims to enhance UNESCO’s position on climate change by contributing to its climate change activities, as well as co-designing and co-implementing climate-related initiatives across all areas of UNESCO’s competence.
UNESCO YOUTH CLIMATE ACTION NETWORK Internship
|Title||UNESCO Youth Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) Internship Opportunity|
|Objective||Strengthen cooperation and foster youth-led climate action|
|Key Focus Areas||1. Leveraging youth-led climate action<br>2. Upscaling UNESCO’s positioning on climate change|
|Internship Duration||6 months|
|Responsibilities||1. Supporting the opening of YoU-CAN to new members|
2. Liaising with the YoU-CAN Steering Committee
3. Mapping existing youth and climate networks
4. Mapping youth-relevant and climate-related UNESCO activities and publications
|Qualifications||1. Enrolled in a graduate program or recently graduated|
2. Strong research and writing skills
3. Proficient in English.
4. Passionate about climate action and youth empowerment
|Application Deadline||July 12, 2023|
|How to Apply||Visit the YoU-CAN website and submit CV, cover letter, and writing sample|
Please note that the table provides a concise overview of the article’s information. For detailed context and explanations, refer to the article above.
The YoU-CAN Internship Experience
The YoU-CAN internship offers a remarkable opportunity for aspiring individuals to work alongside a dynamic team of young climate leaders in advancing climate action. The duration of the internship spans six months, during which the interns will support the work of YoU-CAN across various areas, including:
1. Opening YoU-CAN to New Members
Interns will play a pivotal role in supporting the process of welcoming new members to the YoU-CAN community. By engaging with potential members and facilitating their inclusion, they will contribute to expanding the network’s reach and impact.
2. Liaising with the YoU-CAN Steering Committee
Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with the YoU-CAN Steering Committee, assisting in communications, organizing meetings, and providing support in the coordination of activities. This involvement will allow interns to gain insights into the decision-making process and contribute to the strategic development of YoU-CAN.
3. Mapping Existing Youth and Climate Networks
Through comprehensive research and data collection, interns will create a comprehensive mapping of existing youth and climate networks. This mapping exercise will aid in identifying potential collaboration opportunities, enhancing coordination, and promoting synergies among different networks.
4. Mapping Youth-Relevant and Climate-Related UNESCO Activities and Publications
Interns will be responsible for mapping and documenting youth-relevant and climate-related activities and publications conducted by UNESCO. By cataloging these initiatives, interns will contribute to the knowledge base and facilitate better coordination between YoU-CAN and UNESCO.
To be eligible for the YoU-CAN internship, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- Recent graduation with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), within 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
- Possess strong research and writing skills.
- Proficient in English.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to climate action and youth empowerment.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by July 12, 2023. To apply for the YoU-CAN internship, please visit the official YoU-CAN website and complete the application process by submitting your CV, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
How to apply for UNESCO Youth Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) internship
To apply for the UNESCO Youth Climate Action Network (YoU-CAN) internship, you must:
- Visit the YoU-CAN website: https://en.unesco.org/youth/you-can
- Click on the “Internships” tab.
- Click on the “Apply for an internship” button.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Attach your CV, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
- Submit your application by the deadline of July 12, 2023.
This internship opportunity offers an exciting chance to collaborate with a prominent international organization and contribute to the global fight against climate change. If you are a passionate young climate leader committed to making a difference, we strongly encourage you to apply. For more information about the YoU-CAN internship and the application process, please visit the official YoU-CAN website at https://en.unesco.org/youth/you-can.