The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking applications for a Youth Advisor Panel (YAP) to advise its newly launched Center of Excellence on Social Media and Youth Mental Health. The YAP will be a group of 14-18 year-olds who are passionate about making social media better for young people.
American Academy of Pediatrics Youth Advisor Panel internship
Here is a table of important information about the American Academy of Pediatrics Youth Advisor Panel internship:
|Name of internship||American Academy of Pediatrics Youth Advisor Panel|
|Organization||American Academy of Pediatrics|
|Eligibility||Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 18, fluent in English, and interested in social media and youth mental health.|
|Duration||July 2023 through June 2024|
|Commitment||Monthly virtual meetings|
|Application deadline||Wednesday, July 12, 2023|
|How to apply||Visit the AAP website to apply|
The YAP will have the opportunity to:
- Share their personal experiences, thoughts, and emotions about social media and mental health.
- Provide advice on the Center’s initiatives, such as research, education, and policy development.
- Participate in monthly virtual meetings with AAP staff and other experts.
The YAP will be fully funded, and members will receive a stipend of $1,800.
American Academy of Pediatrics eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 18.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be interested in social media and youth mental health.
- Be able to commit to participating in monthly virtual meetings.
American Academy of Pediatrics Deadline
Applications are due on Wednesday, July 12, 2023. To apply, please visit the AAP website.
The YAP is an exciting opportunity for young people to have their voices heard and to make a real difference in the lives of other young people. If you are interested in applying, please do so soon!
American Academy of Pediatrics Additional Details
Here are some additional details about the YAP:
- The YAP will meet monthly for approximately one hour each meeting.
- Meetings will be held virtually.
- YAP members will be expected to participate in all meetings.
- YAP members will be asked to provide feedback on the Center’s initiatives and to share their personal experiences with social media and mental health.
The AAP is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the YAP. We encourage all eligible young people to apply, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status.
Eligible countries for the American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a professional organization of pediatricians in the United States. However, the AAP also offers membership to international pediatricians and other healthcare professionals who are interested in child health.
The following countries are eligible for AAP membership:
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Korea, Republic of
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
If you are a pediatrician or other health care professional in one of these countries, you are eligible to apply for AAP membership. To learn more about the benefits of AAP membership and to apply, please visit the AAP website.
How to Apply for the American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a professional organization of pediatricians in the United States. The AAP offers a variety of membership categories, including:
- In Training: This category is for pediatricians who are currently in training.
- Post Training: This category is for pediatricians who have completed their training.
- International Trainees and Physicians: This category is for pediatricians who are trained outside of the United States.
- Other Pediatric Care Team Members: This category is for non-physician members of the pediatric care team, such as nurses, social workers, and psychologists.
To apply for AAP membership, you will need to create an account on the AAP website. Once you have created an account, you can complete the online application. The application will ask you to provide information about your education, training, and experience. You will also be asked to answer a few questions about your commitment to the AAP’s mission and values.
The AAP application deadline is typically in the fall. You can find the application deadline on the AAP website.
How to apply for AAP membership
Here are the steps on how to apply for the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Go to the AAP website and create an account.
- Click on the “Membership” tab and then click on “Apply for Membership.”
- Select the membership category that you are applying for.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your application.
The AAP will review your application and notify you of their decision within a few weeks.